10 weeks (I wrote this 3.5 weeks ago)

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Today I am 10 weeks 2 days and in my 11th week. My baby is a little over 2 inches and is the size of a lime. I haven't started showing just yet, but I have a feeling it's about to pop out real soon. Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I haven't had the typical "morning sickness." I am definitely tired all.day.long. and feel like I could sleep forever, but besides that I'm pretty good. I have also noticed that I can eat a lot more...but it also depends what it is. Last week, I ate at the Mexican restaurant by my work 3 times. It was so freaking good and I practically licked the plate clean. Currently working on controlling this ;) I have been working out a few times a week and I feel like that always makes me feel better..even though I can't do as much or as long as I could before, but it's something.

We told our family and it was seriously the best thing ever! It was (and still is) the HARDEST THING not to tell the whole world the best thing that has ever happened to you! But we are planning on announcing on Easter to our friends because I will be exactly 13 weeks and into my second trimester (the safe zone). I have found myself cracking under pressure a few times and telling a some people. But in my defense, it's the hardest thing when someone straight up asks me if I am pregnant..I can't lie! J reminds me every day or every time I hang out with friends not to say anything. Ha. I also told my boss last week so she doesn't schedule me for 9 hour shifts anymore. Standing that long on your feet, without access to food & water can really take its toll on a pregnant woman. I have had 2 ultrasounds so far and everything looks great so far. The only thing that isn't the best are my Vitamin D levels, which is pretty ironic because I love being outside and in the sun as much as I can, but now that work and school has taken over my life these past two years, I am whiter than white and clearly vitamin D deficient. So, my doc wants me to start taking vit d supplements. I also never drink milk. That could have an effect too.

How we told our family: Luckily, my birthday landed right around the time that we wanted to tell them, which made it convenient because we would all be together to celebrate. For my birthday Jason got me a polaroid camera. We thought it would be fun to take a polaroid of our ultrasound and give it to them at lunch. On each polaroid, I personalized it by writing "Hi Grandma and Grandpa! Can't wait to meet you in October!" "Hi Auntie Kate and Uncle Pehrson..." etc. We told them about the camera that J gave me and I brought it to take some pics. My plan didn't exactly work out perfectly, but I ended up handing them each their picture and everyone squeled and cried and it was the best. I especially loved seeing those tears well up in my Dad's eyes. So sweet.

The week after, Jason's family came up here to go to breakfast and celebrate my birthday. We did the same thing with the polaroids and they again, squeled and cried and were completely in shock. We totally caught them off guard. It was the best and again, so fun to tell our family FINALLY! This will be the first grandbaby on his side (and first great-grandbaby). SO FUN, I love that :)

Now we just need to get through these next 2.5 weeks and keep our mouths shut the best that we can. Mums the word!

What I am looking forward to:
-oddly enough, I am excited to start showing and have a little baby bump..and can't wait to start wearing cute maternity clothes.
-I can't wait to feel the baby move! I think about that all the time.
-We can't wait to find out the gender. I honestly have no clue..all I really want is a healthy baby.
-We are excited to tell all of our friends.
-I'm excited for the second trimester. Word on the street is that it's the best.
-I love hearing the heartbeat and seeing my little peanut on the screen...can't wait to see it again!

One thing I can't wait to change: I can't wait for the time to start picking up and going faster. I feel like I am counting the hours or something. It is going so incredibly slow and I am not quite sure I am really ever going to have this baby! I hear once you are in your second tri, it starts to go by faster. Hoping that is how it goes for me!







1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground