6 Day Countdown

Monday, September 30, 2013

First of all, HOW is September ALREADY over tomorrow? That was the fastest month. Not that I'm complaining..the faster time goes, the sooner I get to meet my baby girl and the sooner I won't be pregnant anymore. I don't even remember what it's like to not be pregnant.
Speaking of which, my offical due date is this coming weekend on the 6th. 
Craziness all wrapped up.
But to be honest, I am neither nervous nor scared to give birth/be a mom. For a long while, giving birth terrified me. I was researching and reading stories/tips/advice like a mad woman, but I have since prayed that I would have peace and comfort about the whole thing and I know that my prayers have been answered. I'm actually excited to give birth. Kind of weird, but I'm anxious to see how it's going to play out and if I can handle it or not. I am beyond excited to meet my baby girl finally and I know that the end result will all be worth it. She's coming out whether I like it or not so I may as well have a positive attitude about it. 

I went in for my 39 week appointment this morning and my doctor said that everything looks great. I am dialated and effaced, but not nearly enough to where I need to be wheeled into labor and delivery. (although I really hoped that was going to be the case) But she did say that things are progressing beautifully and she is completely confident that this baby will make her way on her own. (She knows how much I don't want to be induced) She's predicting that she will come a few days or so after my DD, which is exactly what I think too. So, we have some progression and things going on with my body, but we are still playing the waiting game. 
WHAT do you do when you are waiting for a baby to come out of you!? I have honestly run out of ideas. Or my body just won't let me do it. 
I'm so over shopping and spending money. 
We watched season 1 of Prison Break in a matter of days.
I've gotten my craft on.
I'm reading a book.
Baby clothes are washed.
Everything is set up and ready to go.
I take some pretty good naps.
I swim all the time and walk as much as my body will let me.
I have tried tons of recipes pinned on my pinterest board.
We go to the beach all the time. (although im so over putting on a bathing suit)
All you mamas out there, honestly - WHAT did you do to make the time go by? 
Everyone tells me that the last few weeks are the worst and feel like forever. I agree.
BUT she will come and she will be here sooner than I know it, so I just need to be patient and enjoy our last few days together, just the two of us.

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful. Your words are so optimistic and you are going to be the perfect mommy for your little girl. I am so excited for you. Good luck in this next week, we will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this girl! I can't wait for this baby girl to come into the world and I am beyond excited to be an Auntie!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground