A Lesson to be Learned

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DISCLAIMER: This might be TMI for some people..so if it is too much for you, no need to continue reading.

I usually don't write about this kind of thing, but I feel like I've had a life changing experience.
Call me dramatic, it's the truth.
It all started Saturday.
I had an ingrown hair and me being the "picker" that I am, made things worse.
Wait, did I say that it's in my nose? Oh yeah. It's in there. 
It started to hurt really bad & was getting a little red.
Didn't think too much of it. Thought it would be better in the morning.
But every hour, my nose was swelling up more & more.
& started moving up my face to my eyes.
Thee most painful thing EVER.

Went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist immediately told me it is definitely a Staph infection.
What in the world?
Went to the Urgent Care last night, got some stronger antibiotics.
Every morning my face looks different than it did when I went to bed.
I have read some horror stories about Staph infections and how if it gets bad enough, they can be fatal.
I know that is very rare, but still!
I have been scared out of my mind for the last 4 days, but I know it won't get to that.
I'm just a little freaked out.
I know it will get better. It is now just a waiting game.

This trial has made me so grateful for so many different things. Never again will I complain about anything I don't like about myself. I am healthy and able and that to me, is good enough.
Jason has been nothing but comforting and is helping me kick this infection in the butt.
That is why he is my best friend.
Lesson learned.
{Okay, can I have my face back now?}

6 comments:

  1. Annie- You poor thing that is sooo scary. I'm glad you are having such an awesome attitude about it all. Way to be an example to others. We'll keep you in our prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. YOu are amazing!!! You took lemons and made lemonade out of it. Sometimes we have to go through the bad to appreciate the good. Easily said...better learned through experience.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've had that before too! i know, it's no fun. mine was pretty bad. but it gets better! take care of yourself...or let jason take care of you :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. annie. i hope you are getting all better. i'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post a pic!!! :) your always a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie! I am so sorry to hear that :-/ I hope you are getting better... so scary!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground