RAGNAR

Monday, April 28, 2014

April 4th & 5th was the southern Califonia Ragnar.
200 miles from Hunginton Beach to San Diego.
it. was. insane.

For years, I've always wanted to do Ragnar, at least once. This year, it finally happened. 
First of all, I did not realize how much work and planning goes into this whole thing. Trying to plan everything out amongst 12 people is kinda crazy. 
everyone I talked to that had done it in the past, said it was SO FUN and that it was their "favorite race." so i was expecting it to be a blast...which it was, buuuut it was wild. i barely slept, i ran miles upon miles upon miles in the wee hours of the morning and in the middle of the night. i practially ate nothing. i threw up 5 times. i couldn't stand being in a car any longer. 
get the picture?
BUT the silver lining of it all was the experience and the friendships that were made along the way.
there was 12 of us girls, 6 in one van and 6 in the other.
every girl was so fun and so supportive of one another.
when i was throwing up, the girls were figuring out who was going to run my legs for me..good thing after my episode, i felt one thousand times better and i was able to run all of my legs. 
i just think that the hardest thing of it all was no sleep and barely any food. 
barely any food because you don't really want to eat a ton before you run and then after, i don't have an appetite at all. so by the time my appetite started to come back, it was time for me to run again.
not the best for a nursing mom..but good thing for breast pumps! woo!

if you asked me the day of, or a few days after, i would've said i would never ever do this again.
but looking back at it now, i would totally sign up again in a heartbeat. 
crazy, huh?
 6am starting line
 van 1! love these girls.
 team speedy sweeties
 and a special shout out to my inlaws and my man for taking care of my pipey girl.
couldn't have done this without your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground