Me + Cars = Bad News

Monday, January 30, 2012

So let's go back to a wonderful time in most teenager's lives: 16 years old.  
One of the best things about turning 16 is you get your license. I would say it's the most anticipated day for every teenager. I was SO excited to have my own car and finally be able to drive myself around. 
Then, all the sudden, the cops started to love me. (in a bad way)
It did not matter if the person next to me was going 10mph more than me, I was the one being pulled over, every. single. time.
To make a long story short and after a serious of unfortunate events, my family and friends literally thought I was the worst driver on the planet. But I still stand in my defense and say that I am and have always been a great driver, just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. :)
Luckily, it's been some time and my slate has been cleared, but then guess who decides to turn on me? My own car. We have been through so much and now she decides to stab me in the back...let me tell you I have never had anything in my life cause me such a headache. In the last 5 months alone it has broken down on me 5 times (twice on the freeway), 6 new parts installed (all costing way more than we could afford), and 2 flat tires. ALL in 5 months!? Wait, you think after all these new expensive parts the car would be working great right? WRONG! Still about to break down any second now..again. Granted I should've gotten a newer car a few years ago and been a little smarter, but this is seriously some kind of sick joke. I am truly at the point now that it's kind of comical. 
Good news is, we are finally on the market for a new ride and we are trading this piece of work in.
We will honestly probably get only $50 for it, but at this point, I'll take anything to get it off my hands.
Does this seriously happen to anyone else, or just me?
It also makes me wish I could live somewhere where cars weren't necessary and I could ride the subway everywhere. The thought of that life sounds luxurious to me right now.
Ok, I'm done.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Phew, now I feel better :)

PS. We have lived here in LA now for over a year and Jason has been hit 3 times. We got hit pretty bad on Saturday..a guy hit us from the back going 30mph and while we were completely stopped. We were mad at first but then started laughing because like I said, it's getting comical. This is truly some kind of joke. Ok, now I'm really done. 

1 comment:

  1. HaHaHa!!! That was some serious venting. Howz you back and neck?

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground